Sunday 25 December 2011

Merry Rocky Mountain Christmas



I have always dreamed of having the "perfect" magical Christmas.  Over the years I have tried all kinds Christmasy things with our son to try and create those kind of Christmas memories for him.  I think that this year I may have succeeded.  We are fortunate to live in Alberta only about 3 hours from those magnificent Rocky Mountains that people from all over the world come to see.  We have spent the past week just outside of Banff, very close to Canmore in a wonderful resort with Chalets.  Over the past week we have climbed up the surrounding mountains in a perfect snow fall (big, fat, white snow flakes), gone skiing at Nakiska, skated in an outside rink under the shadow of the Three Sisters at the resort and downtown Canmore, and visited all the wonderful little shops in Canmore and Banff.  I will show some of the wonderful treats I found at my favorite stores over the next few days.  The gingerbread house above, comes from a box, however, it was the best I could do with not being at home.   We have had the "best" time here, and have decided that we will do this again next year to start a family tradition for our son and have a "magical"Christmas every year.  Merry Christmas and Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment