Wednesday 7 December 2011

The Stockings Were Hung by the Red Eye with care...

The stockings were hung by the Red Eye with care in hopes that some mending would occur (not likely - I love to sew and quilt but when it comes to "fixing" things not so much).  Every time I look around at the projects people create with scrapbooking stuff there always seems to be a plethora of banners.  So, not to be left out I decided to make one this evening.  I am quite proud of myself for these as a few weeks ago when class handouts came in at work, I decided to keep the cardboard backing from the packages and you never know when some cardboard might come in handy.  For this project it did.  I ran the cardboard through my Cuttlebug (a Big Shot die cutter would work as well) using the Holiday Stocking die, and then the papers from the Christmas Lane Scrappin' Kit.  Some of the trim is from the cardboard as well.  The stocking trims were embossed in the Snow Burst, Perfect Polka Dots, Square Lattice, and Stripes embossing folders, and the decorations are from the Simply Scrappin' kit.  Tied it all together with Cherry Cobbler seam binding.  Entire project including photo, download and blog entry less than 1 hour!!  Perfect project if you need more knickknacks around your home.  Now back to the quilt I was supposed to be working on!!!  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment