Thursday 29 December 2011

Felt Gift Card Holders

I made these felt gift card holders for Christmas for the few gift card presents I had to give out. 

For this gift card I used a white piece of felt cut 2 3/4" wide by 7" long, folded in half, and used a blanket stitch around the edges, using 2 strands of White Baker's Twine.  The felt wreath sewn on is from the Winter Wishes Stitched Felt in the Stampin Up Holiday Mini Catalogue.  

This gift card holder was probably the easiest as I used the Winter Wishes Mittens string as the string for the gift card holder to hang from!  Again, stitching along the edge is with 2 strands of White Baker's Twine.  By now, my son was wanting to help, so he has now started to practice the blanket stitch.

The last gift card holder, has the most work put into it.  For this one I used green felt and my Stocking Accents die and ran it through my Cuttlebug (shhhhh..... this thing has not disappointed me and has cut what ever I managed to shove into it).  I used my Husquvarna sewing machine to stitch the tree down (again an awesome machine - no cleaning in 3 years + and sews what ever I decide to feed through it too - I like to experiment).  Then because the tree looked blah, I decided to put on beads which I did.  Finally, used 2 strands White Baker's Twine to blanket stitch around the edges and create a hanger.  Seven year old child helped with sewing again. 
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment