Monday 12 December 2011

Bells & Boughs Christmas Card

Today I thought I would try something different.  I went into my craft room with the intention of making a "nice" Christmas card.  I picked a color of paper (Cherry Cobbler of course - probably my favorite Stampin Up color), looked for a piece of Designer Series Paper and this green piece of the Frostwood Lodge was still setting on my desk.  I got another piece of paper, by now I was beginning to sort of get a plan, so took out a piece of Garden Green card stock.  After that was stuck down, I decided I needed a Christmas stamp set, so reached into the cupboard and took out what was on top.  Bells & Boughs.  Perfect.  The rest of the card was then planned, as I colored the image (I love to color), and then for added impact I put on the felt holly berries, sponged around the image with Early Espresso Ink to "age" it and adhered to Early Espresso paper, used Stampin Dimensional's  to elevate the image and lastly put on the Early Expresso Quilted Ribbon.  The ribbon did not work out the way I wanted, so another felt piece to the rescue!!  TAH DAH!  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment